Thursday, May 26, 2005

Respectful Gestures

Yesterday evening on the way back home driving along the Federal Highway just before the Batu Tiga toll, a Gold Wing zoomed past (superbikes are allowed on highways-no need to use the motorcycle lane, completely legal). He slowed down,came along side and glanced sideways to the right looking at me.

Either he recognised me as a fellow biker (I don't on him) or that he was a MCOB too (I have MCKK stickers plastered on both front and rear windshield). Being respectful, I nodded my head to acknowledge him (just like any bikers would do when they meet one another) and gave another sign that I'd follow his six (two fingers at the eyes and then moving the fingers to point down to the side mirrors). I could see him grinning when he understood my signals and told me to follow him. We were zig-zagging along the highway among the cars right up to the toll.

Being bikers, communicating in sign languages (either common or not)while riding is important to communicate events. Each sign tells a different story; slippery roads, potholes, need refuelling, stick with me etc etc. Learning to decipher the signals given is must as it could mean either life or death on the roads. What you understand is helpful but what you don't, you try to be on the side of caution. That what makes a good biker.

After the toll, with too many cars, I bid him farewell with a nod again and a two finger pointing forward. He took off between the cars with a bye-bye and thumbs up signal.

Guess he must be a MCOB too..heh heh

Comments:
Ooo.. so u budak MCOBA le.. ic..

Wow. U must teach me some gestures. The only one i know is the middle finger; usually given to cars that cut in infront of my bike. Hehehehe.
 
I also want to learn.... have been riding on and off, but never learn all this.....
 
Wah....I am always fascinated by all these super bikes on the highway. They look so super cool with that leather suit and helmet and all....*sighsss* Wonder how fast you guys can go?
 
Frank, I go very slow.... but I got a friend who wants to start a 250 club. Not for 250 cc bikes, but minimum speed of 250 km/hr! Hehehe... I kecut perut...

Wei GS manalu?? Duduk tepi pantai sorang sorang ka???
 
Frank : Mine can only go max 240 km/h (meter shows up to there only). My average is only 180 km/h, hence the nick "slowmover".

DG: At office. Making preparations for rivermouth dredging works next month. Tioman off radar until further notice from Government. Hopefully next couple of months?
 
I love speed. Its exhilirating! and those big bikes....siap kona baring lagi heheheh
 
Post a Comment

<< Home