Thursday, June 02, 2005
Lang Tengah Island 18-21 May 2005
During my week long leave I went to Redang Lang Tengah Island (18-21/5/05) for my Open Water Dive (OWD) Certification (max at 18m). Since I will be working in Tioman Island, Pahang also (running concurrently with my river dredging works in another part of Pahang) on beach rehabilitation works, which will also involve coral rejuvenation, I thought why not kill two fishes with one spear? i.e. diving for work purposes and also leisure (maybe I can get to dive for free since I'll be employing divers to map the corals in the work area - wishful thinking).
While I paid for my lessons, I hope to charge to the company for the equipment I shall be using (another wishful thinking) or get one of my contractors to buy them for me (very likely).
I'll let the pictures do the talking.
This is where I stayed

Redang Lang Resort. Clean and friendly services. Nothing fancy. If you expect a 5 star resort, try next door - the Blue Coral.
My 1st underwater picture!

Yup, that's me, giving the ok sign. I was the only who dived wearing t-shirt and shorts. The others wore wetsuits.
The boat used for diving

The guys went for a deep dive trip (Razorback Point) on the 2nd day. I wasn't allowed to go as I have yet to finish my 4th and final compulsory OWD. Did dive there on the 3rd day (my 6th dive) to the bottom at 25m. Point of dive? Navigation/Compass Reading by instructor and search & rescue (looking for Wong's mask which came off and went missing - never did find it though)
The Divers

Wong (with the sunglasses), Daniel (divemaster) and Balqesh. We were looking at the pictures taken underwater.

Wong (again), Stanley (Dive Instructor) and Fritz (a 70+ yr old friendly chap who went diving with us with his wife, Winnie). Not in any of the pictures are Dennis and Winnie
The wildlife on the island

A chameleon which made its home on my balcony.
I really had fun here!!!
While I paid for my lessons, I hope to charge to the company for the equipment I shall be using (another wishful thinking) or get one of my contractors to buy them for me (very likely).
I'll let the pictures do the talking.
This is where I stayed

Redang Lang Resort. Clean and friendly services. Nothing fancy. If you expect a 5 star resort, try next door - the Blue Coral.
My 1st underwater picture!

Yup, that's me, giving the ok sign. I was the only who dived wearing t-shirt and shorts. The others wore wetsuits.
The boat used for diving

The guys went for a deep dive trip (Razorback Point) on the 2nd day. I wasn't allowed to go as I have yet to finish my 4th and final compulsory OWD. Did dive there on the 3rd day (my 6th dive) to the bottom at 25m. Point of dive? Navigation/Compass Reading by instructor and search & rescue (looking for Wong's mask which came off and went missing - never did find it though)
The Divers

Wong (with the sunglasses), Daniel (divemaster) and Balqesh. We were looking at the pictures taken underwater.

Wong (again), Stanley (Dive Instructor) and Fritz (a 70+ yr old friendly chap who went diving with us with his wife, Winnie). Not in any of the pictures are Dennis and Winnie
The wildlife on the island

A chameleon which made its home on my balcony.
I really had fun here!!!
Comments:
<< Home
Stellar: Nak jadi chameleon lah cam ni.
DG: Aku belajar dulu pun masa kat MCKK dulu. Kena campak masuk pool lepas tu bagai nak rak kena swim ke tepi. Somehow or rather I became good at it.
DG: Aku belajar dulu pun masa kat MCKK dulu. Kena campak masuk pool lepas tu bagai nak rak kena swim ke tepi. Somehow or rather I became good at it.
the closest to diving i ever did was in a swimming pool, tapi macam nak lemas je... tak pandai berenang jugak.. setakat selamat diri sendiri boleh lah
Looked like you had fun :) I don't remember the last time I went to a beach...hmmmm. Mental note : Must go beach
Post a Comment
<< Home


