Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Latest addition to the family

As explained earlier, I have in my possession my latest toy, the HP iPAQ 6515. I know, I know..the last time I wrote in May, I said I didn't want to have anything to do with a smartphone anymore. But temptation to own one was too much too resist. "Resistance is Futile"..where have I heard that before? Well, to tell the truth, I didn't actually buy it. The phone was costed in into the project cost (all in 6 handphones - 3 for us and 3 for the government).

They asked me to choose. If it was a couple of months earlier I would have taken the either the XDAIIs or mini. The XDA was however a bit long in the tooth, having been around for some time and after reading the reports in mypdacafe about the units almost always have to do soft resets, I decided to wait. Luckily iPAQ came out with the 6515.

So far so good in using the 6515. Hey, the unit even come with its own GPS. The map for Klang Valley is quite accurate, even to the address where I live. Software wise, not many yet. You can load PPC softwares but be aware that they are made for the longer screens. 6515 has a shorter screen due to the keyboard. Install it here, you won't be able to see the bottom half.

Still have to adjust myself on using Windows Mobile as I've always been a die hard Palm user. Sorry Palm.

So..here are the pics for the 6515 :



The whole set..bought it as a package



A miscellaneous pix..my office desk


Comments:
that's lovely..! Adoi..jatuh cinta terus la.. i reckon Windows based lagi senang dari palm lah.. Unless u are more familiar with Mac. how much for the whole set? ( i know you didn't pay, but you know the price? nak kena start puasa nih..)
 
Shell : Meleleh air liur kan? :D RRP RM2,888. But I got it for RM2,700. I like the built-in keyboard coz it reminds me of Treo.

Puasa jangan tak puasa kalau nak beli. Anyway, it's running on 2003 platform. Sedih la. Cannot upgrade to 2005. Tang tu tunggu 67series keluar Oct ni. Damn, in market tak sampai a couple of months series baru tu nak keluar.

Eh, You ni pirated CD peddlarkan, got software meh?
 
affordable tuh kalau makan roti cicah kopi hari hari. What software do you want? me?

pirate = yes
burn in CD = sometimes
peddlar = naa.. just give it for free.
 
"Resistance is Futile" - I think the Borgs said it in Star Trek. Yeah, I'm a nerd... :P

Washoo... nice la, dude. I had the Ipaq H5450; not even close to the 6515's capabilities. Aku hanya dapat bermegah ngan finger-print recognition reader dia je. Hehehe. Now dah campak bawah katil :)
 
Ace : Sama lah kita - Nerds. Hahaha. 5450 tu ok per. Jual balik still got value la.

Shell : Bukan u selalu makan roti cicah milo ke? Kalau bukan kopi Muar cap 434 jangan cakapla.

Any programs yang canggih-manggih I accept aje. You kenot la..nanti Mr. Sawadikarp marah pulak :D
 
:D.. tak perasan pulak saya menawarkan diri sendiri. stock milo habis (kat sini takde milo), so cicah kopi Lafazza jer laa..
on a serious note, kalau nak software apa apa.. cakap ler eh..
 
Shell dah biasa makan sikit bro, she rather spend for travelling and gadgets

That Ipaq is surely a fine sexy bunny.
 
oh new toy ye?
 
MIV : Sexy huh? Thank God I didn't give it a name.

Ewok : La..baru perasan ke?

Shell : Email address ada?
 
...*green*...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home