Sunday, September 04, 2005
Meme Mundrum
DZ meme'ed me. So here goes :
20 years ago 1985 (I was 16)
1. Honeymoon year. Entered science stream even though I hated it. Should have joined social science. Slept almost 90% of all lab classes.
2. An English teacher by the name of Sharon Young came from Birmingham (I think) to helpme us ace the 1119 paper, which I did. She, together with Takami Ono, the Japanese teacher were the source of my our "inspiration". We were teenagers back then (paham-paham ajelah). She's now known as Sharon Bakar and has her own blog thebookaholic
3. Back injury during an athletic meet meant I never got chance to represent school during F4 and F5 in any sports.
4. I was "family"less. Parents and sis in States, brother in Sarawak. I was left to my own devices during the school holidays.
5. Tea dances at Piccad and Hollywood East.
10 years ago 1995 (I was 26)
1. Won two air tickets to London 1st prize during a lucky draw. Was targeting the Vitara which was the grand prize.
2. Backpacked across Europe with my brother, his ex-gf and her husband (they're Londoners).
3. Bought my Ducati - the source of my many happy moments (used only for weekends)
4. I worked with Bank Bumiputra - Corporate Banking, mostly loans syndication and project financing (STAR and PUTRA were my babies).
5. Almost assisted in bankrupting the country (I kid you not). Can't disclose much as the trial is still on-going.
6. Use the bus as my main mode of transport
7. Party party party after work.
5 years ago 2000
1. Rode like crazy anytime everywhere right up to the last weekend before I got hitched
2. Ended my (hard) partying days
3. I got married
4. Got a new better paying job
5. Bought a condo in IT city
3 years ago 2002
1. Condo ready and moved in
2. Wife works overseas
3. Sold off Ducati and Wira
4. Bought a Honda Integra
5. I got transferred back to HQ in Shah Alam
Last year 2004
1. Started a blog (now defunct)
2. Teluk Cempedak beach rehabilitation project completed
3. Celebrated my birthday overseas playing golf at a course designed by Nick Faldo. Woo hoo!!!
4. Beach construction training in the middle of winter. Froze my balls off.
5. Wife asked for the big D
This year 2005 (I am 36)
1. Sold of the Integra and bought a sedate W202
2. Learnt how to dive.
3. Single again
4. Futsal
5. 2 projects moving ahead
6. Bangkok trip - 1st time office sponsors such trip
7. China/Ghana/Australia trip (training)
Next year 2006
1. Work only
2. DZ says I'll find someone - should I believe?
3. Settle most of my debts
10 years from now 2015 (I'll be 46)
1. I may be married
2. I may have kids
3. I may be rich
4. Become a Haji
5. I may be a pimp for DZ's proposed rumah perempuan-perempuan (simpanan) tua.
6. Maybe my dreams will come true
OK, Frenkensteina..your turn. Bruder Ace..lu sudah kena jugak ke?
20 years ago 1985 (I was 16)
1. Honeymoon year. Entered science stream even though I hated it. Should have joined social science. Slept almost 90% of all lab classes.
2. An English teacher by the name of Sharon Young came from Birmingham (I think) to help
3. Back injury during an athletic meet meant I never got chance to represent school during F4 and F5 in any sports.
4. I was "family"less. Parents and sis in States, brother in Sarawak. I was left to my own devices during the school holidays.
5. Tea dances at Piccad and Hollywood East.
10 years ago 1995 (I was 26)
1. Won two air tickets to London 1st prize during a lucky draw. Was targeting the Vitara which was the grand prize.
2. Backpacked across Europe with my brother, his ex-gf and her husband (they're Londoners).
3. Bought my Ducati - the source of my many happy moments (used only for weekends)
4. I worked with Bank Bumiputra - Corporate Banking, mostly loans syndication and project financing (STAR and PUTRA were my babies).
5. Almost assisted in bankrupting the country (I kid you not). Can't disclose much as the trial is still on-going.
6. Use the bus as my main mode of transport
7. Party party party after work.
5 years ago 2000
1. Rode like crazy anytime everywhere right up to the last weekend before I got hitched
2. Ended my (hard) partying days
3. I got married
4. Got a new better paying job
5. Bought a condo in IT city
3 years ago 2002
1. Condo ready and moved in
2. Wife works overseas
3. Sold off Ducati and Wira
4. Bought a Honda Integra
5. I got transferred back to HQ in Shah Alam
Last year 2004
1. Started a blog (now defunct)
2. Teluk Cempedak beach rehabilitation project completed
3. Celebrated my birthday overseas playing golf at a course designed by Nick Faldo. Woo hoo!!!
4. Beach construction training in the middle of winter. Froze my balls off.
5. Wife asked for the big D
This year 2005 (I am 36)
1. Sold of the Integra and bought a sedate W202
2. Learnt how to dive.
3. Single again
4. Futsal
5. 2 projects moving ahead
6. Bangkok trip - 1st time office sponsors such trip
7. China/Ghana/Australia trip (training)
Next year 2006
1. Work only
2. DZ says I'll find someone - should I believe?
3. Settle most of my debts
10 years from now 2015 (I'll be 46)
1. I may be married
2. I may have kids
3. I may be rich
4. Become a Haji
5. I may be a pimp for DZ's proposed rumah perempuan-perempuan (simpanan) tua.
6. Maybe my dreams will come true
OK, Frenkensteina..your turn. Bruder Ace..lu sudah kena jugak ke?
Comments:
<< Home
46 and becoming a pimp? not bad man.. i heard it makes good money. Some people like matured ladies to be their perempuan simpanan ... :P.
Aiyoh man! Now I'll have to start behaving myself in my blog if I know my former students are visiting! How on earth did you get to be 36 so quickly while I remained just the same?
The same DZ? This IS a small world!
The same DZ? This IS a small world!
Shell : Want me to set you up on a blind date? :-) 10 years time if you're still not married I'll be your pimp too.
Bibliobuli : With YOU around NOW, I have to check my grammar and spellings. Even dot my i's. You have been a topic of discussion in my batch's forum board (in one of the threads)
capital b : Welcome to my world. Sit down and relax, I'll serve you coffee if you like.
Bibliobuli : With YOU around NOW, I have to check my grammar and spellings. Even dot my i's. You have been a topic of discussion in my batch's forum board (in one of the threads)
capital b : Welcome to my world. Sit down and relax, I'll serve you coffee if you like.
Frank : You can find her at Ewok's.
Zetty : Doing my Business Plan now. Think capital venturers would fund this?
MIV : Sorry bro...I gila kuasa. Okla, bagi you free ride satu nanti.
Ms. D : Hush Chitah! Do some dancing and get me some loose change from the viewers.
Zetty : Doing my Business Plan now. Think capital venturers would fund this?
MIV : Sorry bro...I gila kuasa. Okla, bagi you free ride satu nanti.
Ms. D : Hush Chitah! Do some dancing and get me some loose change from the viewers.
How old must i be to be in it?
Does it include yearly bonus? company vacation overseas? young cute toy boy?
Does it include yearly bonus? company vacation overseas? young cute toy boy?
oh.. another thing (i know i'm fussy)
Blind date boleh but make sure he brushed his teeth and take a shower.
(No jongang man also.. :P)
Blind date boleh but make sure he brushed his teeth and take a shower.
(No jongang man also.. :P)
huhuhu i think you should seriously consider point number 5 for 10 years from now.
you'll be damn rich for that.
you'll be damn rich for that.
Ewok : Cukup satu lagi monyet jadi triangle :-)
Shell : Age not an issue. Apa you mintak subject to your performancelah.
Tang blind date tu oklah..I cari yang hensem and macho for you.
Zetty : Ketuk aje kepala Shell tu
Ms D : I don't do men. Hahaha
Muddy : Ni tgh buat business plan la ni.
Shell : Age not an issue. Apa you mintak subject to your performancelah.
Tang blind date tu oklah..I cari yang hensem and macho for you.
Zetty : Ketuk aje kepala Shell tu
Ms D : I don't do men. Hahaha
Muddy : Ni tgh buat business plan la ni.
With YOU around NOW, I have to check my grammar and spellings. Even dot my i's.
'sokaylah. I'm not playing english teacher at the moment. (Hey, remember how i used to make you guys right out all your mistakes 3 times to teach you accuracy! Sadist I was!) My own grammar has become rosaked along the way anyway.
'sokaylah. I'm not playing english teacher at the moment. (Hey, remember how i used to make you guys right out all your mistakes 3 times to teach you accuracy! Sadist I was!) My own grammar has become rosaked along the way anyway.
I'm afraid I'm as blur as sotong so you have to remind me ... I was trying to work out ...
DZ a.k.a Little Miss D - how come YOU know these guys ...?
Post a Comment
DZ a.k.a Little Miss D - how come YOU know these guys ...?
<< Home


