Monday, October 03, 2005

Conversation with Mak

Yesterday, on the way to Sungai Buloh, Mak made a statement that made me go Huh?

"Your W202 is so underpowered. Why did you have to sell off the Integra? In the first place, why did you sell the Ducati too?"

"Mak, the Duke (and Wira) was sold to finance the fittings for the condo. Anyway I don't need two cars (and a bike) since I was staying (mostly) alone then remember. "

Ex was working overseas.

"Ya, but the W202 is just not you. You always have the need of speed, just like your brother. You think I don't know what you do on weekends that you don't come home? You think I don't know how much it cost you to modify the car?"

I was a track day freak at Sepang.

"Mak, you used to complain the Integra was low, hard and susah nak masuk."

The Integra was a GSR model (one model lower than Type R). The car has been lowered, had Eibach adjustable suspension riding on 17 inch rims. Seats were Recaro. Engine management was run without a rev/cut-off limiter. Engine was a two stage VTEC. Intake manifold was a Tanabe 4-1 with Mugen pipes. Clutch were heavy duty Exedy and brakes modified for AP Lockheed pads. Air intake used K&N air filter separated from the hot engine by a compartment made by me.

"Komplen tu komplen, but I like the car..it's fast and stable. This W202, hah, naik bukit pun tak larat."

"Mak, this car is has the best safety factor. Ok, it is a bit slow at start, but once it reaches its peak this car can speed."

"I still don't quite like it. It makes you old."

"I'm 36!"

"Look, I want you to enjoy what you enjoyed most. I know you still enjoy riding/driving fast. Don't let the divorce change you."

"Eh Mak, the divorce has nothing to do with this ok. I've decided that I don't want to waste my time and money anymore on unmeaningful things. What I want now is to lead a sensible life. What I do know now is that this is no longer what I want."

"Ok, but no regrets later when you're old at my age yes?"

"Yes mam!"

We stopped talking since we have already reached the nurseries. To satisfy her I paid for all her purchases.

***********************************************

Selamat berpuasa to all my Muslim friends. To those who have invited me to a last call breakfast (yes you En. Rostam and Ace), I'm sorry that I couldn't fulfill your wishes. Next time ok.

Comments:
very sensible.
I dunno lah, after I read this post, there's this weird feeling. I understand what u want now, but me.. mmm.. i think once i get one more thing on my lists, then baru i can let go and say that's not what I want anymore.
 
ur mak berjiwa muda. :)
Selamat berpuasa Incik...!
 
nurseries kat sg. buloh mmg best. macam-macam ada!

Selamat berposa!
 
Kalau En. Rostam ada kelapangan, boleh kalau u guys nak bukak posa sekali. U can come pick us up in ur underpowered car. Ehehehe...

Nothing wrong with leading a sensible life and having a little crazy fun here and there once in a while. Its good for the soul.

And yes, selamat berpuasa bro.
 
admire your mom's youthfulness.....i want to be like her when i grow old, of course with the son paying every single thing i purchase hehehehe...
 
sunggoh rock ibumu!!!
 
Ewok : Better complete your list fast.

Shell, Fina, Babe : Memang youthful my mom. Thanks for the complements.

RE, Ace : Lepas Raya la beb. Bagi can kutip duit dulu.

Zetty : Poket kosong, tapi hati rasa sedap.
 
itu yg penting la kan. Eh, bila nak bawak i, shell ngan fina buka posa?
 
Zetty : Jgn cakap kuat-kuat kat sini.

Ms D : Cannnnn. Set the date la. Shopping Raya ke?
 
Wow.... your mum sure knows how to appreciate cars!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home