Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Nak Tidur

Monsoon is still strong here. I pity the fishermen, they can't go out as the sea is too rough. No fish, no income.

However the spirit of gotong-royong is alive and well between them. Families are helping out one another packing their stuff in high alert for the flooding. Yes, flooding is a problem here but it is containable. There are pockets of area deep under water but somehow we managed to get them to safe grounds.

My site office is a hive of activity one of the centres for the distribution of goods for those affected by flooding. We have been working day and night, some of us getting just a couple of hours of sleep. With the river just a couple of meters away, we are in constant watch over the rising water everyday. We no longer rely on the staff meter to gauge the height of the water but more on our eyesight (and gut feelings).

My job is to coordinate the movement of the relief vehicles laden with supplies for the victims. So far no accidents have happened (with my staff looking like zombies and you can hardly see the roads I worry when they go to send out the supplies). We send out mostly blankets and other stuff (tinned food mostly). I guess this is the only time I'm grateful to the local politicians and bureaucrats for making all these happening.

I'll be here for another couple more days and hope to be back in KL before the new year.

Sorry for the incoherent sentences (not enough sleep makes you do that I think). Anyway, a happy belated xmas and a Happy New Year to all soon. Gotta get some more zzzzzs.

Comments:
bro..come back home safe..i salute you...happy new year...
 
i was hoping to see you before i leave. ah well... if i didn't see you, then happy new year. God bless you for your kind heart
 
jgn lupa pakai safety jacket bila tido...kang hanyut lak.

Happy new year!
 
fina, ewok & zetty,

Happy New Year to all of you too.

RE : Rajin tidur kat ofis la ni. Mana laichi dalam tin nih?
 
Happy New Year...

Bila nak meet-meet ni? Ada banyak cerita la...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home