Thursday, February 23, 2006
The Circus is back in Town!!!
World Superbikes Championship 2006 will start this weekend at Losail, Qatar.
All the usual suspects will be there with the addition of several new faces including ex-MotoGP rider Alex Barros.
Troy Corser will be there to defend his crown while two former champions i.e. Troy Bayliss (2001) and James Toseland (2004) will try to wrestle it back from him.
Since there are no live telecast on TV, will have to rely on live timing on the net and only watch the highlights of the races on Star Sports sometime later.
Thank God MotoGP will be shown live.
p/s Anthony Gobert is back racing..but in the Supersport series. Damn!!!
Race Update
Race One
James Toseland
Troy Bayliss
Andrew Pitt
Troy Corser
Race Two
Troy Corser
Troy Bayliss
Noriyuki Haga
James Toseland
All the usual suspects will be there with the addition of several new faces including ex-MotoGP rider Alex Barros.
Troy Corser will be there to defend his crown while two former champions i.e. Troy Bayliss (2001) and James Toseland (2004) will try to wrestle it back from him.
Since there are no live telecast on TV, will have to rely on live timing on the net and only watch the highlights of the races on Star Sports sometime later.
Thank God MotoGP will be shown live.
p/s Anthony Gobert is back racing..but in the Supersport series. Damn!!!
Race Update
Race One
James Toseland
Troy Bayliss
Andrew Pitt
Troy Corser
Race Two
Troy Corser
Troy Bayliss
Noriyuki Haga
James Toseland
Comments:
<< Home
You are a superbike fan! Thats great.
I did the homologation for Foggy's bikes. 71 out of the 150 required. They were assembled in Malaysia and I finished them 2 weeks before FIM came to see them!
The best was to hear the engine first start up. Orgasmic!!
I did the homologation for Foggy's bikes. 71 out of the 150 required. They were assembled in Malaysia and I finished them 2 weeks before FIM came to see them!
The best was to hear the engine first start up. Orgasmic!!
Lin,
Were the engines built by you guys or the design was bought? There were stories circulating that the engine design was from Benelli coz it matches the specs for the Tornado (raced only once before it went bust) - Triple and 900cc.
Sorry la, but I don't think the FP1 team is gonna be somewhere up there, not with the current riders. At least masa Corser and Haydon ada dulu, dapat jugak podium places.
My 2 cents.
Were the engines built by you guys or the design was bought? There were stories circulating that the engine design was from Benelli coz it matches the specs for the Tornado (raced only once before it went bust) - Triple and 900cc.
Sorry la, but I don't think the FP1 team is gonna be somewhere up there, not with the current riders. At least masa Corser and Haydon ada dulu, dapat jugak podium places.
My 2 cents.
Engine design was by us, and worked together with a another Swiss company to produce them for the homologation. I am sure it was not designed from scratch though. They never are. So I would not be surprised that it would resemble another engine.
We have another engine for cars that claims to resemble one from Toyota. The base engine was probrably taken from there, and we do the upgrades. Make it more canggih so we can claim it as "ours".
Yeah... the team is not doing well. Makes all our efforts a waste really. BTW, the homologated bikes are still sitting in our store. Interested to buy? hehe.. I'll make sure you get the best one.
We have another engine for cars that claims to resemble one from Toyota. The base engine was probrably taken from there, and we do the upgrades. Make it more canggih so we can claim it as "ours".
Yeah... the team is not doing well. Makes all our efforts a waste really. BTW, the homologated bikes are still sitting in our store. Interested to buy? hehe.. I'll make sure you get the best one.
Lin : It'll be cool to get one because of its rareness :P...but at the price you guys are selling, might as well I buy a house.
I may like bikes but I'm not that crazy :D
Babe : Heh heh..bike talk. Mintak maaf kerana tak paham.
I may like bikes but I'm not that crazy :D
Babe : Heh heh..bike talk. Mintak maaf kerana tak paham.
:P.... u sure? They really are sweeeeeeet.
Owning one aside, making them was a great pleasure. I've never felt so stressed in my life, but it was all worth it. Went to the spa after the whole ordeal, and I was back in one piece :)
But it would not have been possible without the great dedications of the boys who down at the line. This I must mention.
Owning one aside, making them was a great pleasure. I've never felt so stressed in my life, but it was all worth it. Went to the spa after the whole ordeal, and I was back in one piece :)
But it would not have been possible without the great dedications of the boys who down at the line. This I must mention.
RE : Definition from Wikipedia
Homologation is a technical term, derived from the Greek homologos for "agree," which is generally used in English to signify the granting of approval by an official authority. This may be a court of law, a government department, or a professional body, any of which would normally work from a set of strict rules or standards to determine whether such approval should be given. The word may be considered very roughly synonymous with accreditation, and in fact in French may be used with regard to academic degrees. Certified is another possible synonym, while to homologate is the infinitive form.
Read below if you want to know the homologation rules for 2006 WSB twin-cylinders.
http://www.mcrcb-events.co.uk/gallery/G-5.2.4-2005%20FIM%20Superbike.pdf
Post a Comment
Homologation is a technical term, derived from the Greek homologos for "agree," which is generally used in English to signify the granting of approval by an official authority. This may be a court of law, a government department, or a professional body, any of which would normally work from a set of strict rules or standards to determine whether such approval should be given. The word may be considered very roughly synonymous with accreditation, and in fact in French may be used with regard to academic degrees. Certified is another possible synonym, while to homologate is the infinitive form.
Read below if you want to know the homologation rules for 2006 WSB twin-cylinders.
http://www.mcrcb-events.co.uk/gallery/G-5.2.4-2005%20FIM%20Superbike.pdf
<< Home


