Wednesday, March 08, 2006
I've lusted over....
My affinity has always been with Suzukis. Guess watching GPs back in the late 80's, the Hondas and Yahamas beating the hell out of them made me a fan of the underdogs. Watching Schwantz on the RG500 with Pepsi livery (988) was another reason too. As a result, when I was in ITM, I chose a Suzuki TXR150 as my choice of transport instead of the popular Yamaha RXZs and Honda Raiders. Two strokes were popular back then.
Mind you, back then, the local bikes were mostly 135 ccs while the imported ones were mostly 125 cc and 250 cc. Price diffence was a lot too. Popular 125 cc bikes were mostly centered around Yamaha TZR and Honda MBX.
Suzuki? They had these :

I rode this once in 1988 belonging to Samad. It was in full yellow trim, with white rims. Cool!!!

This one I rode for a full semester in 1988 also, belonging to Lobo (due to some personal reasons, he left the bike for me to use). Stock trim in Suzuki Blue. Singapore registration.

This is the best of all. A RG400 Walter Wolf Special. Managed to get a ride from its owner, Joey in 1989.

This is the bike I had always lusted for. The 2nd generation RGV250. Mind you, not the normal RGV but the SP model (limited number in production). Oh ya, it should also be in the Pepsi colours.
Or, if I can really afford it, to get the last edition of the RGV (1996). Not pretty because of its bulbous headlights but in Lucky Strike trimmings, it makes the bike look gorgeous.

I can still dream, right???
Mind you, back then, the local bikes were mostly 135 ccs while the imported ones were mostly 125 cc and 250 cc. Price diffence was a lot too. Popular 125 cc bikes were mostly centered around Yamaha TZR and Honda MBX.
Suzuki? They had these :

I rode this once in 1988 belonging to Samad. It was in full yellow trim, with white rims. Cool!!!

This one I rode for a full semester in 1988 also, belonging to Lobo (due to some personal reasons, he left the bike for me to use). Stock trim in Suzuki Blue. Singapore registration.

This is the best of all. A RG400 Walter Wolf Special. Managed to get a ride from its owner, Joey in 1989.

This is the bike I had always lusted for. The 2nd generation RGV250. Mind you, not the normal RGV but the SP model (limited number in production). Oh ya, it should also be in the Pepsi colours.
Or, if I can really afford it, to get the last edition of the RGV (1996). Not pretty because of its bulbous headlights but in Lucky Strike trimmings, it makes the bike look gorgeous.

I can still dream, right???
Comments:
<< Home
Syahbrat : GSXR750 mana? Cradlebox atau Deltabox?
Fina : Motor tak de clutch tak reti la
Zetty : I drool only
Babe : Nanti I post
Post a Comment
Fina : Motor tak de clutch tak reti la
Zetty : I drool only
Babe : Nanti I post
<< Home


