Monday, May 29, 2006
Improvement versus Conservation
The people wants development improvement of their kampung but at the same time the authorities wants conservation of marine life surrounding the area. It is a delicate balance I'm doing to please all parties. They feel that the government has neglected them all these while and they welcomed us when we came out with a proposal to make their kampung better. Certain government agencies too are happy that we are coming in.
With the approval in hand, I have 20,000 tonnes of equipment and materials to land but my barge can only take 500 tonnes per trip. Therefore I need to make 40 trips altogether.
However, the incident at Sipadan has really made my job tougher. All my proposed navigation routes have been shot down by the relevant authorities despite justifying that we have made the relevant studies and will not run on top any reefs. These people are now asking me to do a more detailed coral mapping. Also, should they approve my navigation routes I'm only allowed to land during high tide. Oi, once a day mana cukup la. How in hell will my barges make ashore once a day? There goes my deadline.
Right now we are going crazy in the office trying to find ways to get out from this mess.
With the approval in hand, I have 20,000 tonnes of equipment and materials to land but my barge can only take 500 tonnes per trip. Therefore I need to make 40 trips altogether.
However, the incident at Sipadan has really made my job tougher. All my proposed navigation routes have been shot down by the relevant authorities despite justifying that we have made the relevant studies and will not run on top any reefs. These people are now asking me to do a more detailed coral mapping. Also, should they approve my navigation routes I'm only allowed to land during high tide. Oi, once a day mana cukup la. How in hell will my barges make ashore once a day? There goes my deadline.
Right now we are going crazy in the office trying to find ways to get out from this mess.
Comments:
<< Home
i'm thinking: Pirates of the Caribbean; Johnny Depp; Mutiny on the Bounty; Marlon Brando ...
woohooo we have a pirate!!!
woohooo we have a pirate!!!
Use more than 1 barge? Yea... cost more I know, but depends on the implications on project delay....
shell : physically I don't need to be in office
lin : tgh pecah kepala memikir nih
zetty : memang sungguh..baru tau ke?
lil ms d : row row row your boat..sampai ke tua tak sampai
babe : "pirate"d dvd selalu beli lah
Post a Comment
lin : tgh pecah kepala memikir nih
zetty : memang sungguh..baru tau ke?
lil ms d : row row row your boat..sampai ke tua tak sampai
babe : "pirate"d dvd selalu beli lah
<< Home


